MBU 36 Majestic - Missing piece - can see insulation

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rhwimmers

Nov 15, 2008
Indianapolis, IN
Bought the house last year and would love to fix it to use this winter. House was built in 1993. Fireplace is an MBU36 Below are several pics starting from the outside going in. The piece I would guess is about 3" deep (front to back) and 36" wide (left to right). I thought about fabricating something as finding parts is not easy. Thought of cutting wood then painting with high heat paint (like for grills/wood stoves etc...), then maybe even wrapping in aluminum foil...Im pretty sure it wont be in any direct flames, but the possibility does exist I suppose? Also, if there is an easy way to put in a fan of some sort that would be awesome as well.

This may take some time to load as there are 8 large pics. I can send higher resolution shots if anyone needs them..
These were takin in series as if you were walking into the fireplace, then looking up and to the left, then laying on your back looking straight up, then looking up to the right, followed by the shot of the plate

Thanks for any assistance!

Can you reduce the size of the posted images to at least 1/2 the current size? This is slow even with broadband.

Note, you can not use wood as a patch here, even aluminum covered. Have you tried a Majestic dealer to see if the piece is still available. If not do you have the manual for the stove or a diagram of the missing part(s). If you have a diagram of the missing pieces perhaps a sheet metal shop can fabricated them?

Status
Not open for further replies.