Mcculloch Power Mac 6 minni

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

smokinj

Minister of Fire
Aug 11, 2008
Anderson, Indiana
A friend on mine is giving me one of these and it runs good no issue that i can find. Anyone have one of these or ever run one?

I've got one that I was given because the fuel line keeps falling off of the carburetor, peeing fuel on your foot in the middle of using it.

Supposedly, this was a 'trademark' of at least some of the variations of this model.

Prior owner had had it repaired multiple times and then gave up; I got it going again and then it did the same.

Hopefully yours is not among that variant.

Mine is a delightful little limbing saw (recognizing that it lacks any semblance of safety provisions)... when it runs...

When I was a kid and my dad saw someone cutting with a Muck Luck he wood say " Son, when you get old enough to run/buy your own saws, the best use for one of those is hammering in a wedge or filling a skidder rut, so don't even think of buying one!"

Many years ago McColloch was a good saw and many loggers used them. Then Homelite sort of took over. Still the yellow saws were good if you got the pro models, but now there are very few dealers. I have cut a lot of logs with one and even some firewood. The first ones I ever used were the old gear driven things that took 3 men and a boy just to carry and they were slow! But time changes things.

smokinj said:
A friend on mine is giving me one of these and it runs good no issue that i can find. Anyone have one of these or ever run one?

You mean one of these?.......
Mc001.jpg

fyrwoodguy said:
smokinj said:

You mean one of these?.......
Mc001.jpg

Note that the photo is NOT an example of a tight chain... :coolhmm:

Otherwise, I would say marginal saw - Note the total absence of a brake, or even any sort of kickback guard. Also note that it is a top handle saw, which is a style that tends to be nastier in a kickback situation because the handles are so close together that you don't have as much leverage to keep the saw under control.

However, assuming you have adequate health / life insurance, no reason not to use it...

Gooserider

Status
Not open for further replies.