McCulloch Super Pro 125C arrived today.....I'm done with CAD for a while haha

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Repainted clutch cover last night,vintage late '60's 30" roller nose bar (check out part of the original sticker that's still on it - General Bar of Oregon went out of business years ago....),new .404 skip chain & outer "hadstone" felling dawg arrived via UPS yesterday.Didnt have time to install that,but hopefully will this weekend.

No worries about the spot or two of paint on that muffler & bar nuts.....they'll get worn off pretty soon. ;)

NOS air filter & recoil spring should arrive by then,the puzzle is almost complete....::-)

Attachments

• PICT0001.JPG
    PICT0001.JPG
    73.5 KB · Views: 669
  • PICT0002.JPG
    PICT0002.JPG
    75.9 KB · Views: 319
  • PICT0003.JPG
    PICT0003.JPG
    78 KB · Views: 485
All repainted,any needed parts replaced.Tuned the carb,idles great now with quick throttle response.
Has that distinct loud exhaust "crackle" sound that very large vintage Mac's are famous for.....

One of these days I'll have a vid of it actually cutting a big round.::-)

::-)

Attachments

• mccullochsp125 ad  1973.jpg
    mccullochsp125 ad 1973.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 1,129
Reactions: smokinj
"New" mega-large outer "hadstone" falling spike installed a few weeks back,repainted over the weekend.Made a few cuts in past 2 weeks,not even ripping a 22" diameter Honey Locust would slow this beast down.Didnt even bear down on those spikes,that square chisel full skip .404 chain just grabbed hold & took off.... ::-)

Muffler cover repainted & installed yesterday.Missing one of the factory 10-32 x 3/4" heat treated machine screws,I can grab one for a buck or so at neighborhood hardware store anytime.This is normal condition for this very rare part.You're lucky to see 10% of these saws with one still intact.They took all kinds of abuse - from getting smacked with a limb to bouncing around in the back of the truck.Normally are all busted & gone.This will do until I locate a NOS one someday.

Attachments

• PICT0079.JPG
    PICT0079.JPG
    77 KB · Views: 570
  • PICT0082.JPG
    PICT0082.JPG
    39.1 KB · Views: 272
  • PICT0001.JPG
    PICT0001.JPG
    44.1 KB · Views: 253
  • PICT0002.JPG
    PICT0002.JPG