McCulloch Woodmate

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bruce56bb

Feeling the Heat
Nov 18, 2005
Flint Hills of Kansas
is anyone familar with the mcculloch woodmate? there is one coming up at an auction and it caught my eye. if it's a bargain i just may add it to tool arsenal. are they worth a darn?
bruce

Bruce I owned one it is an amazing splitter ITS a combination of hydraulics and screw driven splitter. It will split a lot more than you think I love the adjustable top wedge arangement

and it runs on 9 amps so any outlet will work.. Great hands free opperation use your foot to activate it It will split 21 /24" long rounds more if you work from the outside to the middle.

Maybe not the fastest but I enjoyed my time using it I gave it to the person EX marine who also happened to receive the new non Cat Encore. He enjoyed using it and it is still up and running

If I had a chance I would love to use it again IT is better than the Ryobi ones much more powerful

Status
Not open for further replies.