Md912 moisture meter help

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ctswf

Burning Hunk
Sep 23, 2014
ct, usa
Hi
I bought this inexpensive digital moisture meter, "Dr Meter MD912" on amazon last year

I cannot find any actual instructions online and i lost the paper. Does anyone have this or a little info on it?

It came with a wood chart, and what setting to use per species.

There are 4 settings 1,2,3,4

I believe it called for higher number for more dense wood?

I just split and tested a piece of soft-ish wood...i called cherry but not sure
Setting 1 is 8%
Setting 4 is 15%

2 and 3 are in-between as you would expect

...big difference so what is the actual number?

I think I have that model or close to it...cherry, maple, oak should be at 3, I will post a pic of the list when in get home.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Take a construction grade section of 2x4 something relatively recent, split it open, get a reading at each setting. That will give you a base line for purpose intended. Most anything that is within 5-8 points of that will be fine. That 2x4 should read around 12 % for a reference point. Always a good idea to have a fresh battery as well.

Thanks that would be great!
Here you go...I have the same model

fab4bc8b309860a5fc4bf862f2591b33.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Reactions: ctswf
Status
Not open for further replies.