Me impatient ?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Astrolopitec

Jan 14, 2010
Quebec
pages.videotron.com
Hi, New here.

Last night I became the proud father of a 602 piglet. And I just could not wait for the weekend to haul the unit to the cottage to see it work. So out came the air conditioner in went the chimeny. A couple of pieces of 2X4 from the basement and Bingo!

J602CB

While not new to wood stoves. It is the first time that I get to play with a modern quality unit. That "clean burn" technology is a blast! I was surprised by how long a burn I got from only a few pieces of 2X4. And when I went outside to check the smoke off the chimeny. Well err... There was none!
I'll post some pics of the cottage installation next week.

Thanks
Juan

While I can certainly appreciate the excitement and exuberance in burning it might be worth while to mention to anyone else looking that this is certainly not a permanent installation and would violate more than a few safety practices -- no floor protection, clearance requirements to the stove, stove pipe clearances and improper pass through . . . just in case someone is looking at this and thinking this is a perfectly fine installation.

Me . . . I think I would have waited for the cottage installation to keep things nice and safe . . . plus I'm pretty lazy and would only want to do one installation. ;)

Astrolopitec said:
It goes without saying.
The kit is back in the minivan as we speak.
It was just a one night stand under strict chaperoning.

Thanks
Juan
http://pages.videotron.com/astrolo/

I kind of figured . . . but just in case some newbie came along.

P.S. I like it . . . "one night stand." ;) :)

Nice! You sound just like me my man- I can't wait to play with a major toy- which may mean Mickey Mousing and bypassing safety a bit. LOL

Enjoy it!

(I'm picking up a new generator this weekend- maybe I'll get electromucuted before it's installed)

Astrolopitec said:
Hi, New here.

Last night I became the proud father of a 602 piglet. And I just could not wait for the weekend to haul the unit to the cottage to see it work. So out came the air conditioner in went the chimeny. A couple of pieces of 2X4 from the basement and Bingo!

J602CB

While not new to wood stoves. It is the first time that I get to play with a modern quality unit. That "clean burn" technology is a blast! I was surprised by how long a burn I got from only a few pieces of 2X4. And when I went outside to check the smoke off the chimeny. Well err... There was none!
I'll post some pics of the cottage installation next week.

Thanks
Juan

where did you find that 602 at?

At Hubert Heating in Ottawa (http://www.hubertheating.com/) It retails for $1,250 Cnd. But this one is a return with two month usage so I got it for $900. Apparently the original owner has a Victorian house with very high ceilings and windows. And the little unit did not cut it. The dealer suggested installing a ceiling fan but the client hates those so they upgraded to a larger unit and I got lucky.

That photo looks like it could be a question on the Code Inspectors' final exam. %-P Rick

I was thinking more along the lines of an essay question, like, "What are your thoughts about the situation shown?", or something like that...with lots of room to write. Rick

Astro- Can I go out on a limb and assume your a bachelor?

Astrolopitec said:
Lay off guys. You obviously did not notice the Teflon coated cookie tray in front of the stove. Amateurs!

"Astro- Can I go out on a limb and assume your a bachelor?" Free as a bird.

Man,
How did we miss that. Hearth protection at it's best.
Of course, the dresser probably has high temp paint on it. What were we thinking?

Juan
http://pages.videotron.com/astrolo/

The teflon cookie tray proved to me, bachelorhood.

See , now I haven't used a WS in like 25 years, so I just assumed that the EPA made the manufacturers make them soooo safe that you could actually put them in your bed. No need for an electric blanket or a hot-blooded woman!!

Astrolopitec said:
"Astro- Can I go out on a limb and assume your a bachelor?" Free as a bird.

I think that big honkin speaker back there pretty much gives away your bachelor status. Rock out when you're alive and when you die they can bury you in it! ;-)
Nice lookin stove btw.

Status
Not open for further replies.