Meat allergy from tick bite

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
In July of 2012 I was diagnosed with an allergy to mammal meat from a Lone Star tick bite. I was wondering if anyone else has this. Also to remind everybody to put bug spray on.
My wife has 2 friends in Montauk who have this disease,and the local doctor said theres about 60 cases on the south fork that he know's of. Also, one of my wife's friends has trouble with poultry as well. I did read that if you can avoid being bitten by another lone star then the allergy will go away after a couple of years.

My wife has 2 friends in Montauk who have this disease,and the local doctor said theres about 60 cases on the south fork that he know's of. Also, one of my wife's friends has trouble with poultry as well. I did read that if you can avoid being bitten by another lone star then the allergy will go away after a couple of years.

The doctor I see in southampton is working with University of Virginia. Who discovered this allergy. Last year I was the 36 confirmed case she had. Just saw her last week she now has 162 confirmed cases. My blood work said i am thru the roof on the alpha gal test that they do for this. Not surprised though I am covered with chiggers.

The doctor I see in southampton is working with University of Virginia. Who discovered this allergy. Last year I was the 36 confirmed case she had. Just saw her last week she now has 162 confirmed cases. My blood work said i am thru the roof on the alpha gal test that they do for this. Not surprised though I am covered with chiggers.
I thought I read something that said many people in our area mistake tick larvae for chiggers. Maybe thats why your numbers are high. All I really know is that I really hope I dont get bitten by a lonestar, my wife found tons in her vegetable garden this summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.