Meatloaf Monday..ROTW...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GAMMA RAY

Minister of Fire
Jan 16, 2011
PA.
I hate meatloaf..but not this one...
Mr Gamma saw the recipe on the food channel and was going to make it. I surprised him a couple weeks ago and made it.:)
It is really delicious. The only thing I substituted was Pecorino Romano cheese and I put marinara on top and sprinkled some Pecorino on it. View attachment 64634

http://www.lidiasitaly.com/recipes/detail/1090View attachment 64635 meatloaf1.jpg

Reactions: pen and Jack Straw
Sounds like Mr. Gamma's plan worked out!

Looking good, meatloaf sammichs. FTW

That looks delicious.

Just remembered I have that cookbook. Gonna fix it in a couple days.

I shoulda' took a pic of the box of mac and cheese and hots dogs I had for dinner.
It was gooder.
You must have been reading my mind Gamma. I was thinking of ML just yesterday.
ML sammiches be the BOMB!

That looks delicious! Its plated nicely and is garnished. I love meatloaf!

Cold meatloaf sandwich with ketchup and a slice or two of cheese. Mmmm...

The wife puts some sort of mix of barbecue sauce, brown sugar and vinegar on the top in the last 10 minutes or so. A sweet, tangy glaze. Wow.

Tasty looking pic!
I make venison meatloaf just for the sandwiches. Yum!

Best BBQ sauce I have ever made is from this Mr Food recipe. (hillbilly ribs)

• 1 (12-ounce) bottle chili sauce
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
  • 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
  • 1/4 cup brown sugar
  • I added 1/4 C maple syrup and an additional 1/4 C brown sugar
  1. In a large bowl, combine ingredients; mix well.
  2. Heat sauce on medium until well blended. stirring occasionally.

Gamma, here we go again.
With absolutely no prompting from me, Bev suggested ML this weekend instead of ham. She's not a ham fan.
Sweet Baby Ray's is probably going on this one.

Blech! Never could stomach meatloaf. Mom used to make it for Dad & it'd have onions & peppers literally hanging out the sides. Couldn't do it. In my immature adulthood, I have overcome the loathing for those two vegetables, but I STILL don't do ML. My ex-MiL once said to me, "You've never tried MY meatloaf." I said, "You're right, Etta, & you'll ALWAYS be right in making that statement. Ain't gonna happen..." As an aside to that, the very FIRST meal Uncle Sam tried to feed me at Ft. Dix was that particular menu selection. Needless to say, I didn't touch it.

As nasty as this will sound ;ex;lol When I was growing up we where very very poor and my mom made meat loaf all the time from canned meat because that used to be cheap. Meijer had a discount isle back then and it was all banged and bashed items for next to nothing. The meat was 10 cents a can usually so we ate a ton of it. She would put ketchup on the top about an inch thick and use it to seal the juice into the meat loaf while baking it then it would crust over and make a ketchup hard frosting <>. to this day I don't like eat meatloaf without a ketchup top ;lol

Pete

Status
Not open for further replies.