Q&A Mechanical Rotisserie for a Chicken (huh?)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

QandA

Staff member
Nov 27, 2012
Question:

I've got a strange question. A few years ago I saw at a museum- a mechanical rotisserie used to turn a chicken ( or anything else) near the fire. It had a mechanism like a grandfather clock- you pull one chain to 'wind it up' and then it turns until it needs to be rewound. Does anything like this exist today? We have a battery operated rotisserie on our gas grill but we're looking for something to use at our camp up in Vermont and were hoping for something a little more aesthetic. Any ideas?

Answer:

AH! You asked the wrong guy- I'm a vegetarian ! But- I'll assume you're roasting potatoes.Try these catalogs: 1-800-226-7667 Campmoor products 1-800-237-4444 Cabelos Camping Supplies

Status
Not open for further replies.