Meeco Red Devil Creosote Destroyer

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chicken Farmer

Burning Hunk
Dec 29, 2013
Wapakoneta, OH
I've searched around for some conversation about this product specifically, but didn't really find anything. Does anybody use it? Does it work? Obviously not intended to replace proper cleaning and maintenance. I guess I'm a little creosote paranoid. I'm still learning this furnace (see sig). Any help or comments would be welcomed.

http://www.amazon.com/MEECOS-DEVIL-...qid=1389369595&sr=8-1&keywords=meeco+creosote

Mods: This thread might belong in the "Gear" forum, but I placed it here for reference specifically toward furnaces.

Nobody using this stuff?

Most folks here in the boiler room are running higher efficiency boilers. For the most part we do not battle creosote. I've visually inspected my chimney a few times over the years and have yet to have a single bit of creosote anywhere other than my upper fire box. I only deal with flyash accumulations.

Last edited:
the few articles I've read about any magic dust that eats creosote, was considered a new type of snake oil. BUT- I've no experience with that stuff. Wouldn't hurt to try it for a certain period of time, but it might be hard to get 2 sample periods with the same conditions/wood quality/ burn times etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.