Memo To Me: Check Hose Clamps On Splitter Once In A While

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

velvetfoot

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Dec 5, 2005
Sand Lake, NY
The hose going back to the filter on the splitter let loose yesterday.
Good thing it was located on dirt rather than asphalt.

Hot hydro fluid baths suck. A few years back, I had to bail off of my backhoe when a hose blew. It went straight into the air giving me enough time to evacuate, but it washed the machine in fluid.

Mine got me a few weeks ago....luckily I was wearing long pants and boots. Now I have a 5 foot diameter area of dead grass

I rented a bobcat with a 2 foot auger on the front to dig holes for my polebarn. One of the overhead couplings for the auger let go and showered the whole cab, and my lap, with warm hydro fluid. I was already hot and dirty and it was about 80 degrees out. I lost quite a bit of fluid before shutting down and calling the rental place to ask if the price includes the hydro fluid shower.

Hydro fluid doesn't seem to permanently kill vegetation. The veg will grow back stronger it seems.

Same thing has happened to me - got a face full of it. Not fun

It's also fun when the seals let go on the ram in the middle of splitting a round....... :( Kind of looked like a miniature Old Faithful.

Shari

Highbeam said:
I rented a bobcat with a 2 foot auger on the front to dig holes for my polebarn. One of the overhead couplings for the auger let go and showered the whole cab, and my lap, with warm hydro fluid. I was already hot and dirty and it was about 80 degrees out. I lost quite a bit of fluid before shutting down and calling the rental place to ask if the price includes the hydro fluid shower.

Hydro fluid doesn't seem to permanently kill vegetation. The veg will grow back stronger it seems.

I work on a golf course and hydro leaks are a constant source of paranoia. The shorter the grass, the worse the damage is. We use a bio-hydraulic fluid but it still kills the grass. But instead of having to remove the soil we can re-sod or aerate/seed and it does grow back!

I've taken the hydro bath many times. Not fun. Learned to keep a change of clothes with me pretty much at all times.

Status
Not open for further replies.