1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Memorial Weekend Pellet Stove

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by katwillny, May 25, 2013.

1. katwillny

katwillny Guest

This is the first time since I have owned the stove that I have had to use it on Memorial day weekend. woke up this morning and the house was 64 degrees. Needless to say I half filled the stove, I had just cleaned her up last weekend. Oh well as long as we are not cold.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. rparker

rparker Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Vermont
    This was going to be my full clean and summer shut-down weekend...BUT instead it is a load up the hopper and enjoy the heat weekend.
    Looks like a June shutdown.
    Xena likes this.
  3. will711

will711 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Pocono mts.
    Fired mine up yesterday evening haven't cleaned it yet I guess this is 1 year where procrastinating has paid off:cool:
    Eatonpcat and smoke show like this.
  4. STOVEGUY11

STOVEGUY11 Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    SOUTHERN CT
    Yea, this weather is crazy! I re-lit the pilots on the gas stove and insert this morning, and set the thermostats. Just to keep the wife happy. There saying high 30's or low 40's tonight. Might even have to light the wood stove tonight!
  5. katwillny

katwillny Guest

stoveguy, I was thinking the same thing. I may have to light the woodstove tonight
  6. hossthehermit

hossthehermit Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Maine, ayuh, by gorry
    I think there have been 3 nights in May so far, that the Revolution hasn't kicked on at some point. Don't look like there will be another until at least Tues. or Wed., if it happens then.
  7. Xena

Xena Minister of Fire

Loc:
    South Shore MA
    Just sparked mine up as well. 65 in here and I was freezing. First time for me too this late in the year. Craziness but I hate being cold.
  8. smwilliamson

smwilliamson Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Southcoast, MA
    Running two right now, in da house & in da office
  9. Harman Lover 007

Harman Lover 007 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Eastern Mass & Lakes Region of Maine
    My Invincible is running strong here at da camp in Maine......Memorial Day....really???
  10. midfielder

midfielder Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    NH
    Sheesh! 33 deg. And snowing - 1/2 to an inch on the ground in the last hour. Higher elevations of the interstate 40 mph, near whiteout in places. Bear eating Firesides that were on the bottom of the pile since this time last year, lol. Supposed to be 85 by Thurs...
  11. h2ochild

h2ochild Member

Loc:
    Pinelands of NJ
    One stove summerized, two bags in three days in the other one...it's not warm here, with this 40mph NW.' sposed to get near 90 later this week.
  12. Snowy Rivers

Snowy Rivers Minister of Fire

Loc:
    NW Oregon
    Same here.

Tore down the little stove a few weeks back and did some repairs.
    We had 80+++ F days and then it got cold and wetttttttttttttttttttttttt again.

Since that time the stove has been running often.

This is the nastiest Memorial Day weekend I can remember in a long time.

Ahhhhh Welllllll.
    Nothing like a nice fire on a cold wet day.

Heads off to curl up by the stove.

Snowy
  13. Pellet-King

Pellet-King Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Northern Ct
    64 and need the stove?, it's been 61 here past few mornings and will NOT fire it up, once the sun comes up get's warm quiuck
  14. TheMightyMoe

TheMightyMoe Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Fairbanks, Alaska.
    Mid 70's up here in the far north. Tempted to clean stove, but second I do, it will get cold.
  15. hossthehermit

hossthehermit Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Maine, ayuh, by gorry
    Frost warning here tonight ..........
  16. imacman

imacman Guest

Agreed....unbelievable this global warming, huh? Oh wait, it must be global cooling......whatever. I had the stove going too. Glad I hadn't done the final summer cleaning yet. ==c
    save$ likes this.
  17. save$

save$ Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Chelsea Maine
    Cool and damp, rain again today. Would have run the stove to dry the place out, but it is 74 in the living room and 55 outside with tomorrow forecasted to be 80! Still don't have the garden planted. Will try to get most of it done by the end of next week. Growing season is very short here so we can't hold off much longer. ( I do have some ripe tomatoes in the cloche). Everything is hardened off and ready to go in.
  18. Mike D

Mike D Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    North Haven, CT
    X2 - put on a sweatshirt, it's a very low ash, high BTU and renewable source of heat!