Midwest (OH, IL, IN, WI, MI, IA) Menards pellets on sale

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Jeremy6500

Feeling the Heat
Jan 22, 2021
Indiana
Just purchased my winter pellet supply from Menards. Had them on sale plus the 11% rebate. Comes out to just under $5 a bag/$250 a ton. They had some American Wood Fibers left from last year and about 20 pallets of Somersets.

Reactions: Vinelife
Getting a Menards here soon, prices have been stable in Michigan. Looking forward to some deals...

Reactions: ABusWrench
I usually check into Menards around February when their regular 11% discount kicks in. This fall they were loaded up with Marth pellets, which are mediocre. By Feb they may be running low and looking to alternate suppliers like Indeck or Fiber By-Products, maker of Pro Pellets/Magic Spark. Any of those is better than Marth.

Getting a Menards here soon, prices have been stable in Michigan. Looking forward to some deals...
Menards is the cheapest for me. They've been having Somersets as they're main pellet. Pellets are always under cover. Only place cheaper is Rural King, but they store the pellets outside in the parking lot, uncovered! I don't like wet pellets.

Reactions: Vinelife
If I could get Somersets consistently at the Menard's stores up here, I'd be a loyal customer. Marth pellets have declined in quality in recent years, IMO.

Tractor Supply is where I really load up in the summer. Yeah, I always have to return some wet bags, but the store isn't far away. This year I picked up a few tons of Peak softwoods for about $255/ton. I've run through a dozen bags and found them to be a nice clean-burning pellet. Fines are noticeable, but my Harman doesn't care about fines. Their other offering was Green Supreme Appalachian blend. Also a pretty good pellet. I got a ton of those as well.