mendota gas fireplaces

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmyg

Jan 5, 2006
I am thinking of buying a DXV 35 mendota gas fireplace. I like the idea of a triple burner that you can have a winge range of btus. Any comments about the product , I have also looked at Regency , Majestic Kozy heat and Kingsman.
Any imput would realy be appreciated

Regards Jimmy

Mendota is an ok brand. Alot of designers around here like them. Me I like the Travis Emberfyre burner (Lopi, FPX, Avalon) Majestic is a good product they did some nice upgrades to their fireplaces this year. I like the Majestic DV360 personally. On the horizon for FPX is the 864 High heat. If memory serves it'll be around 60k btu. Check out the 864TRV to get a look at the styles available etc. I've only had experience with one Kingsman unit. It was a little FS gas stove and if the rest of their fireplaces are constructed like that then I'd stay away from that brand. Kozy heat is the same story I only have experience with one of their pellets stoves and they're tinny. Regency is another good product they seem to have quite a range of choice as well.

Mendota is good - they were one of the first to have a really top-notch gas fireplace and the company has been into gas technology for longer than any other company in the business (they made agricultural furnaces to dry corn as well as those little furnaces in metal shop that you used to temper metal).

If the shoe fits....in this case, wear it. You will be pleased. Of course, you must be happy with the dealer and service after the sale also.

Well, I am a little biased since I sell the Mendota line, but I will say I have been very pleased with it as have my customers. (Very few service issues.) From a dealers stand point, Mendota has great customer service, quick shipping times and a very knowledgable staff. (Nothing worse for a dealer when he calls and knows more about the produce than the customer service rep he called for answers)

Travis is very good also and I would say they are also top of the line fireplaces. I don't know anything about Kingman fireplace. (I've been in this buisness for 9 years and never ran across one, maybe a regional thing?) As far as Majestic, they are of a decent quality but I don't put them in the same category as Travis or Mendota. If you are planning to use the fireplace for Medium to Heavy heating, say, for 4+ hours every day to a main source go with the Mendota or Travis. If its gonna be a here and there thing to warm up the house the Majestic should work fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.