Mendota Gas Insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

matthew555

Sep 24, 2016
NY
I'm planning on getting mendota propane insert in, what will be, a renovated masonry fireplace.
I'm trying to reach mendota to get accurate information about the warranty.

there is no way to speak to anyone.

we went back and forth with emails and still I am not satisfied with this convoluted answer:

The warranty comes from the manufacture, Mendota.
Since this is a gas appliance and due to liability issues, Mendota cannot force another dealer to work on the unit if they did not sell the unit.
If your installer will provide warranty work during the warranty period under Mendota warranty terms all will be ok.
Again, Mendota suggest purchasing the unit from the Mendota dealer where the installation will be located to avoid any issues. Then there will not be issues or hassles during the warranty period.

they sent this answer 2 times because I asked to speak to someone.
I'm kind of thinking of going with a different brand, I can't believe, no customer service. zero...

I'm buying this from a dealer that can't install it because of crossing state lines..
they told me they reached out to mendota and they provided them with an installer. I want to make sure I will be covered with the warranty. It sounds like I will but still, why are they ending with they don't suggest I do this?

Status
Not open for further replies.