Mendota RX42 fan

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Grinder

Hearth Supporter
You see pictured below our Mendota RX42 - the question is - is the fan audible? When we turn it on is there any indication that it's on??

At the moment I can not see a difference between on and off - however perhaps I'm expecting too much???

OH - that is Las Vegas on TV - get your minds out of the gutter!

OH - sorry - can't post photos??

Here is a link to the house blog - the fireplace is on the near the bottom

http://housebuy.blogspot.com/

Grinder said:
You see pictured below our Mendota RX42 - the question is - is the fan audible? When we turn it on is there any indication that it's on??

At the moment I can not see a difference between on and off - however perhaps I'm expecting too much???

OH - that is Las Vegas on TV - get your minds out of the gutter!

The blower on that unit is supposed to be quiet, I've never heard that it was silent... At any rate, even if you can't hear it, there should be a distinct difference in the breeze you feel with it on vs. with it off. If you can't feel a difference in the airflow, you may have a problem (check fuses, make sure it's plugged in, etc. then call an electrician...). One thing that might be part if it though that you might need to check out - a lot of these units have a thermal switch on the blower, as well as a power switch - the idea is to have the fan cut off if the fire isn't hot enough to benefit from circulating the air - If you are testing without a fire, that might be why the blower doesn't come on - see if there is an over-ride switch...

OH - sorry - can't post photos??

You should be able to, but only if they are small enough - Make sure they are no larger than 800x600, medium quality JPG's, no larger than 250K each. Post using the regular reply, or quote buttons, NOT the "rapid reply" button, at the bottom of the message screen you'll see a window saying "attachments" with a "Choose" button next to it. Click on the button and it will open a file selection window. Choose the file you want, the window will close and the file name will show in the window. If you want to post more than one photo, hit the preview button and repeat the process, you can post up to four pictures, or 250K whichever is less.

Here is a link to the house blog - the fireplace is on the near the bottom

http://housebuy.blogspot.com/

Nice job, both the blog and the house, congratulations.

Gooserider

According to the manual Mendota blowers delay start up until around 1/2 hour after the stove is lit. And run for around a 1/2 hour after the fire is turned off to allow cool down.

Actually we turned it on this morning and I put the blower on high - it did the trick. I wonder about the heat thing you mentioned because I did the same thing before with no results but it was warmer in the house.

Whatever - it works. And we love it.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.