Meridian Ceramic Tile Stove parts needed......

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TigeLady

Apr 13, 2014
Canada
My mother has a stylin' 1970's Meridian Divers Bell shaped fireplace. She's used it to heat her whole home for 50 years now! Unfortunately, for some reason after all this time the glass has cracked and shattered in the door. A local fireplace shop has changed in twice now in a 2 week time period and it cracked again. They blame her for not using it correctly. I do believe after so many years she does have a little more experience with the fireplace than they do. They keep charging her.......does anyone know where we can just buy a replacement door and be done with it???? Thanks for your help!!! It's chilly on a Canadian winter night!!!

It seems like the claim she is at fault is nonsense. I'm not sure if you can get a replacement door. If they provided the correct replacement it should be ceramic glass like Neoceram, Pyroceram, Robax etc.. The new glass needs to be correctly sized and installed correctly with the proper tension on the retaining clips. Maybe try another stove shop?

Yeah if it is the Meridian tile covered stove it has a flat glass. The glass is flat so a Neoceram or Pyroceram glass should be easy to get cut at a glass shop. Sounds like they are putting tempered glass in it and that is gonna shatter every time in a stove.

Status
Not open for further replies.