merrimack owners -auto setback

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

micaaronfl

Dec 5, 2010
pennsylvania
hello all,

still having questions with the auto setback. i understand you need to pull it all the way left but is there a way to tell when it actually sets? i cant distinguish it and most of the time when i burn i dont notice a difference or hear a clang when it closes to the desired setting after the stove heats

If you look through the top grate you can see the thin metal cable that pulls up the auto air flap. As you pull all the way left you can see the flap lift and hold in the upright position. Once my cable came loose, and I had to open things up to fix the connection, but I blame that on an improper install. As the stove comes up to temp you can hear it snap closed. Works really well in my case, and if I really want to get things going quick without the doors open I engage the auto flap, and leave the air valve in the wide open position.

Status
Not open for further replies.