Merry Christmas--first gift question: log roller?!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thinkxingu

Minister of Fire
Jun 3, 2007
S.NH
I have a logjack and I do use it when I cut at the wood lot. I do not use it on the job site or in the woods because the yards or dirt is always ruff terrain, not very practical, extra gear to pack around. I do enjoy it for cutting logs on flat ground 16" or less diameter. 5-6 rounds at a shot no ground contact.

I have a similar tool - just not that particular one - use it quite a bit, especially for bucking long, relatively small dbh trunks. Cheers!

I have this exact tool. Bought it at TSC on sale for $30 a couple of months ago. I use it and like it. I take a foot long 2x6 plank out with me to put under the foot. This gives me a stable platform and prevents the tool from rocking or burying itself in soft ground. It's a keeper.

Status
Not open for further replies.