Merry Christmas to me New Progress!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RyanG

Nov 29, 2011
CT
Made the trek up to Woodstock yesterday to pick up my Progress, got it installed today and am just starting the break in fires. Stove is beautiful and so far I love it. Lewis from Woodstock gave me a few pointers for a long low burn he said to engage the cat a little early around 300 degrees and then damper all the way down. I guess the owners manual is not done yet and this stove should not be operated just like the fireview. Also while I was there i spotted a left hand door model being built should make some people happy. I'm gonna finish up these break in fires and then let her rip and try and take some photos!

Thats one great christmas present. Send in them pics then. Congrats

Nice present, you must of been a good boy this year.

Welcome to the forum Ryan and congratulations on the new stove. Lewis is probably the most knowledgeable man there at Woodstock and he is a really nice guy too. He will give you great advise. Please keep us posted on the results you get.

I have to agree on the comments about Lewis. He is a great guy. I hope he doesn't read these posts and has it go to his head.

Status
Not open for further replies.