Merry Christmas!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know I'm not the first, but just wanted to drop by and say hello to my old friends. Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

-Kevin

p.s. Burning Tamarack and Apple this year... it's the perfect combination except that Apple is a little ashy.

Good to see ya and Merry Christmas to you Wrench. How is that good looking Striker treating you?

Holiday greetings Kevin, good to hear from ya. Apple and tamarack sound like a great combo. How are the puppies?

Merry Christmas, Wrench !!!

Thanks everyone. The stove has been just perfect in it's performance. I wouldn't change a thing about it. The dogs are good... happy and fat like their owner. The tamarack is wonderful to burn, it starts so easily and maintaining temps is a breeze. Also, tamarack seems to leave almost no ash behind. I can see why some folks burn it exclusively. The apple is nice to mix in because it burns out slower and hence leaves a more sustainable coal bed. I usually burn tamarack during the day then load up with a mixed load as my over-nighter. In the morning, just throw some tamarack splits on top of the dying coal bed to bring the whole operation back to life. Don't you just love burning wood?

-Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.