1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Merry Christmas!

Post in 'The Boiler Room - Wood Boilers and Furnaces' started by Nofossil, Dec 24, 2010.

1. Nofossil

Nofossil Moderator Emeritus

Loc:
    Addison County, Vermont
    Wishing everyone here a safe, happy, and warm holiday season.
    [​IMG]

Live: http://www.nofossil.org/christmas-tree.html

In the live version, the round ornaments are clickable and change an internal state in the controller. Their color changes to reflect the current state.

The square ornaments are status indicators.

The dial gauge on top of the tree is my boiler outlet temp, and the 'outdoor' temp is also real.

The rectangular presents are bar graphs of outdoor temp.

The other readouts are mostly random unconnected temperature inputs.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. soupy1957

soupy1957 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Connecticut
    "Ditto" from Connecticut!!

-Soupy1957
  3. Jeff S

Jeff S Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Kimball,Michigan
    NoFo that's brilliant ! In Europe they will quite often disguise their radiators as part of the room decor (i.e. picture on the wall or statue),bet they never thought about a Christmas tree.
  4. sweetheat

sweetheat Member

Loc:
    MDI/ME
    Merry Christmas nofo. Thanks for all your help in the past few years. Here is a good question for you and I think you are the person who could answer it best. I don't know if I'll be able to completly relay what exactly is happening but here goes. We have just completed 2 homes, that are well insulated and together over 10,000 square feet. We have a digital Tarm 40 with 806 gallons of storage. Each home has in-floor radiant heat, one a slab on grade the other a full basement with radiant. Each home has a 6 panel solar flat panel array on each roof. Each home has a Vieesmann vitolag 200 propane back-up unit for times when no one can fire the Tarm. Seems the propane units are heating the storage tank when it should not be. I would like to put you in contact with the installer because he is the guy to talk to not me as I'm just a carpenter. The Tarm is in the slab on grade home with insulated pipe to the other full basement home. The Tarm heats both building fine but some how thing are backwards or crossed up. If you are willing I will get you contact info for the installer and you two can talk and possibly figure this out. best Sweetheat
  5. Nofossil

Loc:
    Addison County, Vermont
    You're welcome - I get more than I contribute. PM me on the other. Lord knows I've had enough unexpected behaviors over the years.
  6. Deere10

Deere10 New Member

Loc:
    Upstate N.Y
    Have a Merry Christmas to all Hearth members Be safe at every thing you do..
  7. Sawyer

Sawyer Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Northern WI
    Merry Christmas from WI.

It's because of all your help that my house and shop are toasty warm!
  8. Singed Eyebrows

Singed Eyebrows New Member

Loc:
    Midwest
    Likewise Nofossil, I appreciate all the great help, Randy
  9. Como

Como Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Colorado
    Merry Christmas from Colorado.
  10. Tennman

Tennman Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Southern Tenn
    Very cool nofo. And I pray a Blessed Christmas to All from Tennessee... that's presently white. At least for a few hours!
  11. stee6043

stee6043 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    West Michigan
    I think I've seen it all now - a boiler control panel "Christmas Tree". ha. Very nice.
  12. Nofossil

Loc:
    Addison County, Vermont
    Oops - my bad, and my apologies to Internet Explorer users out there. The 'live' page works with FireFox, Safari, Chrome, iPhone, and Opera. It doesn't work with Internet Explorer. I don't have the time or the patience to code a separate version for a single browser.

If there are any IE gurus out there who would like to help, please PM me.
  13. dzook

dzook Member

Loc:
    Central PA
    Merry Christmas to you nofossil! Thank you for the Christmas present for NFCS users ( the graphical interface and widget kit) , and in addition the information you share to all. I sure like playing with the toolkit for the user graphical interface.

Dean
  14. bpirger

bpirger Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Ithaca NY Area
    Merry Christmas to all and thanks to all for the Garn installation help! Warm and toasty, and up to 195 today on just two loads (started out about 140).

Steve and hr....thank you both for all your input! Far as I know you are the only two professional HVAC guys who endlessly seem to help out here.....your comments were extremely helpful. To those I missed, I aplogize....

Enjoy the day! (Soon we all have to bring in some wood!)
  15. killick

killick Member

Loc:
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Merry Christmas!! to all from Nova Scotia.

Earl
  16. pybyr

pybyr Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Adamant, VT 05640
    Merry Christmas to all-- this is a great group of folks, with great knowledge and attitude.
  17. 91220da

91220da Member

Loc:
    Pocono's Pennsylvania
    Only 10 minutes left of Christmas day so Merry Christmas and happy December 26.
    Rich from PA currently in New Hampshire
  18. huffdawg

huffdawg Minister of Fire

Loc:
    British Columbia Canada
    Still 3 hours left here. And a Merry Christmas to All. I got a leopold scope for christmas do you think my wife would mind if I returned it and bought a grudfoss alpha. :)
  19. Como

Como Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Colorado
    90 minutes left for me and I am cross posting so time to get some sleep.