Merry Christmas!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nofossil

Moderator Emeritus
Wishing everyone here a safe, happy, and warm holiday season.
christmascard.gif

Live: http://www.nofossil.org/christmas-tree.html

In the live version, the round ornaments are clickable and change an internal state in the controller. Their color changes to reflect the current state.

The square ornaments are status indicators.

The dial gauge on top of the tree is my boiler outlet temp, and the 'outdoor' temp is also real.

The rectangular presents are bar graphs of outdoor temp.

The other readouts are mostly random unconnected temperature inputs.

"Ditto" from Connecticut!!

-Soupy1957

NoFo that's brilliant ! In Europe they will quite often disguise their radiators as part of the room decor (i.e. picture on the wall or statue),bet they never thought about a Christmas tree.

Merry Christmas nofo. Thanks for all your help in the past few years. Here is a good question for you and I think you are the person who could answer it best. I don't know if I'll be able to completly relay what exactly is happening but here goes. We have just completed 2 homes, that are well insulated and together over 10,000 square feet. We have a digital Tarm 40 with 806 gallons of storage. Each home has in-floor radiant heat, one a slab on grade the other a full basement with radiant. Each home has a 6 panel solar flat panel array on each roof. Each home has a Vieesmann vitolag 200 propane back-up unit for times when no one can fire the Tarm. Seems the propane units are heating the storage tank when it should not be. I would like to put you in contact with the installer because he is the guy to talk to not me as I'm just a carpenter. The Tarm is in the slab on grade home with insulated pipe to the other full basement home. The Tarm heats both building fine but some how thing are backwards or crossed up. If you are willing I will get you contact info for the installer and you two can talk and possibly figure this out. best Sweetheat

sweetheat said:
Merry Christmas nofo. Thanks for all your help in the past few years.

You're welcome - I get more than I contribute. PM me on the other. Lord knows I've had enough unexpected behaviors over the years.

Have a Merry Christmas to all Hearth members Be safe at every thing you do..

Likewise Nofossil, I appreciate all the great help, Randy

Merry Christmas from Colorado.

Very cool nofo. And I pray a Blessed Christmas to All from Tennessee... that's presently white. At least for a few hours!

I think I've seen it all now - a boiler control panel "Christmas Tree". ha. Very nice.

Oops - my bad, and my apologies to Internet Explorer users out there. The 'live' page works with FireFox, Safari, Chrome, iPhone, and Opera. It doesn't work with Internet Explorer. I don't have the time or the patience to code a separate version for a single browser.

If there are any IE gurus out there who would like to help, please PM me.

Merry Christmas to you nofossil! Thank you for the Christmas present for NFCS users ( the graphical interface and widget kit) , and in addition the information you share to all. I sure like playing with the toolkit for the user graphical interface.

Dean

Merry Christmas to all and thanks to all for the Garn installation help! Warm and toasty, and up to 195 today on just two loads (started out about 140).

Steve and hr....thank you both for all your input! Far as I know you are the only two professional HVAC guys who endlessly seem to help out here.....your comments were extremely helpful. To those I missed, I aplogize....

Enjoy the day! (Soon we all have to bring in some wood!)

Merry Christmas to all-- this is a great group of folks, with great knowledge and attitude.

Only 10 minutes left of Christmas day so Merry Christmas and happy December 26.
Rich from PA currently in New Hampshire

90 minutes left for me and I am cross posting so time to get some sleep.

Status
Not open for further replies.