MES Janfire System Installed in New Hampshire

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mack The Knife

May 3, 2008
Southern NH
Well it's been an exciting and anxious wait since we made our decision to persue the Maine Energy Systems Janfire 4-Section pellet boiler in May. At that time we also bought 8 tons of Cleanfire bagged pellets that have looked like a landmark alongside our driveway since being delivered. Our available space in the unfinished basement afforded us the opportunity to also install a 4 ton storage bin.
The system has been installed for two weeks now and is purring along. Our installer has been great thus far in addressing our questions and concerns. In my 6 months of researching and trying to get educated I can see that there is definately going to be a learning curve from distributor through the end user. Because we are one of the first to have this system installed I feel that it is only right that I help "promote" the concept of heating with this pellet boiler system. There are other systems on the market and more still to come to the market. At this time, this system offered us what features we had hoped for and minimized the risk. Do we wish it was less expensive, sure we do. But, I also wish cars were cheaper and didn't rot out from under me due to corrosion from road salt!!
In reading postings in the Pellet Bin Forum, pellet boilers are their own breed of use and consumption too. There is so much I still want to learn and understand about using different types of pellets. I also wonder if (what I already consider the runaway) costs of pellets will come down, now that heating oil has dropped so significantly in the last month. The price of heating oil today is about the same as it was what we paid a year ago. The price we paid for our pellets is equal to what we paid for oil two and three years ago. The biggest issue though....... we are off the oil!!!!
We have a couple of issues including the afore mentioned programmable thermostat posting made by Freefromoil. We anticipate these minor issues will get corrected this week.

Hi Mack,
I was hoping to find some other folks with this system so that we can make the most of our knowledge and sys tweaks/ I am also happy with the quality/ ease of this system. I have the 6 section boiler. Two issue are the constant ash scraper error message on the Janfire and also the insulation on the door around the burner has broken off. Be really careful as this foam is fragile much like styrofoam. The burner has pushed against this foam and caused mine to to break off. The burner door can be opened for ash removal without taking off the burner so that is your best bet./ I hope this is an easy fix as without the foam it can cause the burner to trigger temp sensor and shut off/

Status
Not open for further replies.