1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Met new neighbors

Post in 'The Inglenook' started by Backwoods Savage, Feb 9, 2013.

1. fabsroman

fabsroman Minister of Fire

Loc:
    West Friendship, Maryland
    Trust me, I understand that completely. Before the kids were born, I was riding 200 miles a week, if not more. I was hunting, fishing, and shooting a lot too. I would kill around 100 geese a year hunting and I would rarely miss, even at 60 yards. Went goose hunting this year 7 times, got some to come in a couple times, killed all of 3, and the last day I went I missed 3 times at a 25 yard shot that had me wondering if the gun was broken. No doubt it was all me though.

At the end of the day, it is all about priorities. Life is a lot different nowadays than 100 years ago. There is always something more to do. Another website to read, another thingamabob to buy, another place to visit, another friend to hang out with, another activity to participate in, etc. You just have to prioritize. For me right now, it is all about the family. Granted, it helps that my daughter wants a pink bow and a pink pellet gun. Thing is, she also wants to do ballet and lacrosse. Things chance a lot once you have kids. I did not believe my dad or father in-law when they told me that, but I thoroughly agree now.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!