Met new neighbors

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hear ya on this fabsroman. Most of the time if you look at someone who is the best at what they do at any of the things you mention, they have usually had to neglect or sacrifice some of the other things in order to become the best at what they do with that one thing. Weather it be your job, your hobby, friend, person, etc. It can be tough to become really good at one thing if you have so many committments to other people and things. I choose to be home for my family as much as possible. That is what I like to do. About seven months of the year I spend some time running 5 or 6 days a week to stay in shape. I get out and cut wood in the winter when the ground is frozen. I wish I had more time to do some other things I enjoy, but oh well. As long as the wife and kids have a good life, that is what I care about. Just helping my wife with the kids, taking care of my house and vehicles, c/s/s wood, and trying to get a work out in 5 times a week is enough to tire my ass out. ;hm ;lol You know how it can get frustrating sometimes with so much going on? When you feel like you are being pulled in five directions at one time? That is when I sometimes think about which would be better. The solitude of a hermit or a dead man. ;lol

Trust me, I understand that completely. Before the kids were born, I was riding 200 miles a week, if not more. I was hunting, fishing, and shooting a lot too. I would kill around 100 geese a year hunting and I would rarely miss, even at 60 yards. Went goose hunting this year 7 times, got some to come in a couple times, killed all of 3, and the last day I went I missed 3 times at a 25 yard shot that had me wondering if the gun was broken. No doubt it was all me though.

At the end of the day, it is all about priorities. Life is a lot different nowadays than 100 years ago. There is always something more to do. Another website to read, another thingamabob to buy, another place to visit, another friend to hang out with, another activity to participate in, etc. You just have to prioritize. For me right now, it is all about the family. Granted, it helps that my daughter wants a pink bow and a pink pellet gun. Thing is, she also wants to do ballet and lacrosse. Things chance a lot once you have kids. I did not believe my dad or father in-law when they told me that, but I thoroughly agree now.

Status
Not open for further replies.