Metal-Fab Chimney Questions

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

num1hitter

Feb 9, 2012
Reading, PA
Hey guys, I just bought a NC30 off of CL for $600 which included over 24' chimney pipe, through the wall piece, and log rack. I had a few questions about the chimney. It had a sticker that was faded but I could make out Metal-fab. So I did a quick google search and found their website. It appears as though the chimney I have is
Temp Guard® 2100°. It is double walled chimney with insulation in between the 2 walls. Here are 2 pictures

I just want to confirm this is Type A chimney and safe to use with a wood stove. Does anyone have any experience with this chimney manufacturer? Is this a quality chimney or should I sell this and look for another type? Thanks for your help.

Metal fab is good Class A pipe.

Status
Not open for further replies.