Metal-Fab Stove/Chimney Pipe - Any Good??? And SS vs. Galvanized...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BurnIt13

Minister of Fire
Jun 10, 2010
Central MA
Hello all. I'm minutes away from purchasing my stove/chimney pipe and accessories. I've been looking locally and on the web and the best deal I've found so far is for Metal-Fab's products through ventingpip.com. I'll be purchasing double wall goodies. What is the general opinion of Metal-fab? Good/bad/ugly??? I've got 23 feet of stove pipe and chimney pipe and plenty of doo-dads to install, so price is a concern.

Also, is there any benefit for stainless chimney pipe vs. galvanized other than looks? Will 7 feet of galvanized be noticiblly ugly sticking out the top of the roof? The only reason I'm considering galvanized is because it'll save me about $200.

Thanks!

I used metalfab on my 24' run.

Went together easy and looks like it will hold up well. I went all stainless.
Spend the extra 200 and get the stainless for any portion that's going to be exposed to the elements.

Screw it....I'm going to go with Selkirk's Metalbest line. For no particular reason other than thier amazing reputation. I'd also like to support a sponser here, northlineexpress.com. The price of thier Selkirk parts was only $175 more for an entire system than the Metal-Fab on the other site. I feel it is worth the expense.

Status
Not open for further replies.