Metal Fab to single wall pipe question/concern

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dmarr

Nov 16, 2013
Upstate NY
Chimney_pipe.jpg
Hello all and thanks in advance for any help. My wife and I just had to replace our beloved Morso 1125 that came with our house. We purchased a Hearthstone Equinox and love it. The problem lies in the fact that our Metal Fab pipe comes through the wall and from what I can tell was installed backwards. The previous stove was installed with a piece of 8" pipe stuck into the Metal Fab insulated pipe. I have been looking into purchasing an adapter but from what I can tell from pictures on the internet they won't lock into the end that I have. This is what I have right now:
Chimney_pipe.jpg

Do I need to redo the section of pipe through the basement, or make a custom adapter? Thanks again for any insight and inspiration!

David

Last edited:
Hello all and thanks in advance for any help. My wife and I just had to replace our beloved Morso 1125 that came with our house. We purchased a Hearthstone Equinox and love it. The problem lies in the fact that our Metal Fab pipe comes through the wall and from what I can tell was installed backwards. The previous stove was installed with a piece of 8" pipe stuck into the Metal Fab insulated pipe. I have been looking into purchasing an adapter but from what I can tell from pictures on the internet they won't lock into the end that I have. This is what I have right now:
View attachment 117880

Do I need to redo the section of pipe through the basement, or make a custom adapter? Thanks again for any insight and inspiration!

David

No pic...

I attached the file and can see it from my end. If I need to have the picture hosted I can do that as well. Thanks for letting me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.