Metal-Fab vs Duravent Chimney

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jmroadman

Oct 28, 2013
Golden, CO
I've been trolling this forum for a while now and have decided to put a Jotul F400 in my basement this fall. Really enjoying the project, but am still in the planning stages.

Need some advice from the experienced folks out there. I've received quotes from two different places, one for Duravent pipe and one for Metal-Fab. The Duravent quote came out lower in cost. Low enough in fact that I'm considering going with that store, but I started the process under the store that quoted me the Metal-Fab. Anyone have experience with both and can give me info on which one is better?

Sorry if this is covered in a different thread. I looked, but couldn't find it.

~Jason

I've been in the same boat trying to decide. It appears that Metal-Fab has a closer clearance of 1 1/2" compared to DuraTech's 2" clearance. Most seem to prefer Duravent on here. Im going with DuraTech and DVL stove pipe myself. They seem to have all of the components I need for my installation. Good luck.

I installed a DuraTech/DVL system last month and really like it, the new improvements to the DVL that M&G done has made it better yet from what I have seen, nice looking finished product that has been around a good while. Metal Fab will do the job also and all of them are UL listed / tested.

Todd

Status
Not open for further replies.