Metal or poly brush for Superpro chimney?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SpAmSoNiTe

Mar 22, 2014
Jefferson, OH
I seem to remember reading somewhere that you shouldn't use a metal brush on stainless lined chimneys.. Something about it scratching up the inner surface and making creo more likely to stick.Any truth to this? I've got a metal brush from my old clay chimney but don't want to hurt my new superpro stainless chimney.

Thanks,
Sam.

Use plastic the risk is that the carbon steel could leave traces behind which could cause corrosion. I dont know how real that risk is but why take the chance

I was wondering the same - I have a stainless steel flex liner in my old masonry chimney attached to my new stove. I want to buy the brushes and clean myself, but I'm not sure what to buy.

Status
Not open for further replies.