Metal Roof and Liner Installation

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

velvetfoot

Minister of Fire
Dec 5, 2005
Sand Lake, NY
I'm getting an insert installed tomorrow (yea!). House has a metal roof. Roof system is plywood decking, felt, purlins from top to bottom (ridge to eave) and then metal panels screwed into purlins. How should the installers walk on this (apart from carefully)? Any tips? The house is new to me and I haven't walked on it yet. It is a 2 story colonial. Per them, it doesn't look like it will be possible to lean a ladder up against the chimney 'cause the slope on the ground. Here is a link to a house pic if so interested:

http://www.velvetfoot.com/coppermine/albums/new_house/main.jpg

Well, all went smoothly. No hook ladders to scratch the metal or anything. No dents that I've seen anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.