Metal smell from a Harman Accentra Insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

trogers

Aug 25, 2008
Southern NH
This topic may have been covered here before, but I couldn't find it.

I have a two month old Accentra insert that since yesterday has been emitting a metal smell from the blower fan area. It seems to only be when the stove is running on a higher setting. Does anyone have any idea why this is...or how it can be remedied?

I have been running the stove for weeks, so I don't think that is a curing smell.

Thanks for your input.

NH Pellet Head said:
This topic may have been covered here before, but I couldn't find it.

I have a two month old Accentra insert that since yesterday has been emitting a metal smell from the blower fan area. It seems to only be when the stove is running on a higher setting. Does anyone have any idea why this is...or how it can be remedied?

I have been running the stove for weeks, so I don't think that is a curing smell.

Thanks for your input.

My guess - it's colder outside, bet you're running your stove higher setting, heating the metal to higher temps, it'll go away, or, you'll get used to it and not notice it any more. But, that's just my opinion

I've been burning a 6-8 year old Harman P61 I picked up a couple of weeks ago, and when it's cranking you get a metal smell I guess you could call it. It goes away as the stove slows down, but comes back everytime it goes to high heat mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.