meter

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fbelec

Minister of Fire
Nov 23, 2005
Massachusetts
does anyone know where to get a moisture meter?

todd you should be using one on your holz haufen

fbelec said:

I bought mine from Harbor Freight for twenty bucks. I don't know how accurate it is. The biggest problem is pushing the tines in far enough with hardwood, so I cut a split in half to do a measurement.

fbelec said:

I do have one. Not the most accurate thing, but it's kind of a neat toy. It's a Neiko and has 2 metal tines you press into the wood, push the button and it reads between 0-35. Got it on E-Bay for $20. When the wood is wet it will peg out at 35, as it drys out the meter will drop. If the wood is really dry I won't even get a reading.

todd you can give us updates with your meter on the holz haufen

HarryBack said:
are the times close enough together for me to test the moisture in my pellets? :roll:

Yeesh...kidding!

I believe the pellet adapter is in development and should reach the market in the fourth quarter of 2006. Unless Microsoft buys out the technology. If that happens it may come out sometime before 2010.

BrotherBart said:
HarryBack said:
are the times close enough together for me to test the moisture in my pellets? :roll:

Yeesh...kidding!

I believe the pellet adapter is in development and should reach the market in the fourth quarter of 2006. Unless Microsoft buys out the technology. If that happens it may come out sometime before 2010.

I am going to build a pellet holz haufen. Very dry pellets.

martel said:
I am going to build a pellet holz haufen. Very dry pellets.

Be sure to call it a holtz haufen. If you call it a holtz hauzen you have to pull a permit and get inspections.

Status
Not open for further replies.