mice be like WTF?!?!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffesonm

Minister of Fire
May 29, 2012
central NJ
Cut open a big steel tank with the plasma cutter this evening to make some fire pit rings.

Iss4zu9Cpq9beT7_FSW88Ivj851Ie9dfDADg3ARRTklww4OC_kMt-eiurC9U5OtK2zr4Ejpy0GiXMbLJEt=w1208-h679-no.jpg

Found some leaves and junk inside and figured it was a mouse nest... didn't realize at first they were still in residence!

pKqg7dcYW_bWbI0O5LrCn4RPqgLENBbCMdT6MSHutxSdXCQoeUq9lqFjZo0j8F0kCPNNz68v2Rsxnh1tKlA=w906-h679-no.jpg

Hope I didn't blind the little guys. They had better find a new home quick before the cat goes out later tonight.

Darn things get everywhere. Every year they try to destroy my outdoor power equipment, then migrate into the house and chew it up. Real pests!

Yes kill those boogers they chewed through my pool last year when it was in storage. I use poison to keep them at bay but even then they're still around.

I like the image of the mice looking up and thinking the aliens have landed. :eek::eek:

:eek::eek: its the mousepocalypse.

This and peanut butter have been the best traps I have ever used, bar none! http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0..._m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=1WY4SMBCBAD5MC2V6PD9
Yeah I hate the creepos, too. we have mouse traps and glue traps in use now.
we buy glue traps by the box. Lots cheaper that way
when we first moved here the good for nuttin creeps were so brazen they even got in the sink at night . nothing in the sink. I make sure nothing is left out, no food scraps etc so they were prob after water.
So when Kitty Kat showed up we let him stay.. He does a pretty good job. He is an outside Cat only......I tell him everyday he has to work;;;
WE have still had 3 or 4 so far mostly on the glue traps set in the basement..... Occ if they are on the glue trap and no fully on the paper they can get away. Last week Hubby peeled two off the glue trap and gave them to KItty.... but that was outside on top of something.
I set another glue trap same place with a white choc. chip. Nothing yet and its been a while. One of my feather girls ran with one in her mouth and swallowed it whole....trying to get away from her sister girls..
If I ddnt see it with my bad eyesight up close. I would not have believed it. If I can remember I ill sacrice one of my regular brown choc chips. LOL
been reading about various traps etc on a forum. I also have electronic traps as well as snap traps.....
I am concerned that they carried mites to my feather babies...
I removed the pallets I had as floors in the trucks topper shelters and replaced with patio blocks and rubber mats I use for my spoiled feather babies out in their big fenced in 1/2 acre run.
the good for nuttin mice had made tunnels under the pallets floor....RAHHH
Just a saying yall
This and peanut butter have been the best traps I have ever used, bar none! http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0..._m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=1WY4SMBCBAD5MC2V6PD9

XY#!*#! got into wiring on one truck as well as the cabin filter what a mess- cabin filter re-purposed as nest in glove box & the stink took a couple weeks and some spray stuff to get rid of that. Although the neutralizing stuff was almost worse than the former for awhile. Truck was sitting idle for about a week outside.

A lot of the classic car guys use bars of Irish Spring soap to fend them off. they just unwrap a few bars and lay them around & in the car.

You can shave a bar into half, stuff it into a tube sock and spread it around. One sock at the alternator, one at the distributor (or back of the motor for you FMCO boys), one on each exhaust manifold, and a few under the dash. This will only use two - three bars of soap.

They are a nightmare. I haven't even gotten to mouse proofing my little barn/garage yet as I had to focus on the house.

Copper mesh and Great Stuff for rodents everywhere, found some pretty big holes. That was two months ago. I have caught around 10 since I've done that. Looks like I have to go around again to see if I missed something.

Status
Not open for further replies.