Michigan Pellets Reviews?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve_in_NH

Jul 23, 2008
Chester, NH
Just bought 2 pallets (2.8 tons) of Michigan Pellets from PelletSales.com. Pricey, but not a lot of choices here in NH. Looking for anyone who has had any experience with these pellets. I'm burning an Accentra Insert and am very pleased with the CleanFire pellets we bought from them last summer. Thanks for your help...

New stove and a new pellet user....also have Michigan from Pelletsales and they seem to burn really well. I have nothing to compare them to, but the Harman XXV eats them up and has no issues.

Buzzby,
Can I ask you,
Where did you get the Green Supreme?
And how much?

Thanks,

We've sold the Michigans.....more complaints than a few others, but mostly pertaining to the amount of ash, not how they burn. Sometimes, its "any port in a storm".

I agree, and the wife swears they burn hotter than the Green Supreme.....but I'm cleaning the stove and would rather not have an overflowing ash pan after 10 bags. But- heat is heat and I'd still burn them if needed,knowing that Saturday includes a quick dump and clean on the XXV.

maybe, but ive had pretty good luck with the Green Supreme......if I picked one over the other, I'd take the green Supreme....BUT its unlikely youll see anymore of those other than what dealers still have in stock, because, sadly, it looks like the bagging plant in Palmer, MA (where Green Supreme is railed in and bagged) is gonna be mothballed very soon. At least thats the rumor! Green Supreme is a very good softwood pellet.......

I have not tried Michigan pellets, but I have tried about 5-6 different brands of pellets and the
NEWP Green Supreme is still my favorite of the bunch. I also heard that the Palmer plant may
be closing down again after this season. Bummed :down:

This is my 4th season with a Harman Advance....Luv it. I run 1000+ plus bags though it so far. I've tried several brands of pellets and have found that MICHIGAN PELLETS are BY FAR the WORST!!!
I had ordered 6 ton of New England pellets, but due to the pellet cruch this past fall, I ended up with Michigan.NEVER AGAIN!. I tried Energex, Northern, LG, Pennington, and New England with good
results. With Michigan, I might as well be burning rabbit food pellets. At a 2 bag per day burn rate, I have to empty ash pan and clean every three days, where with the other brands, i can go 7-9 days
berfore emptying the pan. MICHIGAN PELLETS are CRAP!!

Status
Not open for further replies.