Michigan Premium Wood Pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
BTU said:
I think that most people would consider this a middle of the road pellet for heat....

I think BTU is being very generous calling them "middle of the road" pellets....most reviews I've seen of them have not been good.

What other pellets do you have nearby for similar $$ ?

Fair heat, But kinda high in the ash department. I would rate them as shoulder season at best. They are just barely a premium pellet. Though I have burned worse, I would not recomend these to anyone with a pretty stove. You will spend lots a time in the cleaning deptment.

I can get Maine's Choice for about the same price /ton, Barefoot for about $20 /ton more. Are either of these better choices?

BTU said:
Get the Barefoot's.....you can thank me later

I agree 100% w/ BTU...for an extra $20, you will be getting VERY good pellets.

For $20 I would get the Barefoot's. When you look at how many BTU's per pound you will end up breaking even or saving money most likely.

DannyF said:
I can get Maine's Choice for about the same price /ton, Barefoot for about $20 /ton more. Are either of these better choices?

Barefoots for 20 bucks extra. You'll spend what, 75 bucks or something extra over the heating season and you'll be glad you did...or sorry you didnt if ya dont.

Have burned lots of Michigans and few tons of Barefoots... BUY THE BAREFOOTS. Especially if your stove is not a bottom feed or Multi-fuel model.

Status
Not open for further replies.