Michigan Wood Pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We had Michigans here I think 4 years ago. They were crap back then. Clinkers up the wazoo. Couldn't wait to get through the 2 ton we bought.

That was the first year I really learned not to listen to the dealer and research before buying. But I still bought 5 tons of Infernos the next year. There's still some left of the replacements way underneath 3 tons of trebios in the basement.

I'll bring them out for the 10th year anniversary of the stove LOL

Don't know which company it was though. There is a reputation for crappy "Michigan" pellets on here I think if you search back. Green bags I think.

Attachments

• 8 Michigan a.jpg
    8 Michigan a.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 236
Nobody commented on the pellets from Gaylord and I'll be passing thru there tomorrow, so I'm going to pick up a couple of bags.

I probably will never see them my way, But definetly interested in what you think of them just in case I do see them someday. :cool:

I buy my pellets from their factory in Grayling. Last year they also started handling softwood pellets from another company. Tried a ton and liked them enough that I bought 6 tons of them this year.
I had no problems with the MWP product. It just seems like the softwood pellets give me more heat per ton maybe? They leave a blacker ash, but don't dirty up the glass like the hardwood pellets do.

Status
Not open for further replies.