Micore equivelent

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cre73

Sep 2, 2008
Central Illinois
Having a hard time finding micore is there an equivelent product that is easier to find?

Micore an excellent product for the hearth. Nothing else gave me the r value and I was able to buy locally. Probably worth the price to purchase online - and it says the shipping is free for awhile.

Have to agree.....I haven't found anything that's given a 1.1 R value with only a half inch of product. I felt it was reasonably priced as well. Not to mention being extremely easy to work with.

I wasn't able to directly purchase Micore myself. I had to have a local building supply outfit order it for me. If you don't want to do the online route, this could be another option for you.

Think this stuff would also work for replacement baffles at the top of an insert? Mine are getting pretty beat up. Dealer wants $100 for the ones that go to the stove. They are nothing fancy, just 1/2 inch thick 10 x 15 inch board. Not sure of what they are made of exactly, but the material in those links looks like the stuff. KD

You can probably make a replacement baffle using castable refractory from a ceramics shop. Or, try some perlite mixed with watered down furnace cement. I repaired my refractory chamber that way.
Micore is essently perlite with binders to hold it all together.

Status
Not open for further replies.