1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Microsoft Excel, Question

Post in 'The Inglenook' started by Doing The Dixie Eyed Hustle, Apr 28, 2012.

1. Doing The Dixie Eyed Hustle

Doing The Dixie Eyed Hustle Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Ridge, LI, NY
    As a follow up, and to continue my learning curve, I've found a local school distrct that is offering Adult Ed on Excel 2003 (my SD has no adult ed due to budget cuts). 2 hours on Tuesday night for 6 weeks. I plan on signing up tomorrow after a meeting I have in the AM.

I think it's worth the education experience.
    Jack Straw and Jags like this.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Jags

Jags Moderate Moderator Staff Member

Loc:
    Northern IL
    Yep, excel is a pretty basic requirement in almost any office.
  3. Jack Straw

Jack Straw Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Schoharie County, N Y
    I enjoy working with Excel, don't worry about it, there is always the undo option!;)
    Adios Pantalones likes this.
  4. Doing The Dixie Eyed Hustle

Loc:
    Ridge, LI, NY
    Class moved to Thursdays... early dismissal due to the comp's not up & runnin'.

Now we finish November 15th.

Back, to the future !!!!
  5. Flatbedford

Flatbedford Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Croton-on-Hudson, suburbs of NYC
    Ironically, I decided to try Excel for the first time today and came across this thread tonight. I've had the 2010 version on my laptop for about 6 months now, but never even opened it. I fumbled thru the help section and created a worksheet to track various incomes of mine. I know that I only scratched the surface, but it does seem like an incredibly powerful tool when in the right hands.
    Good luck with you education Dix. I don't know if I could ever start a new career at this point in my life. Mrs. Flatbedford, on the other hand, has been in some sort of college or professional training program since 2003 and she's getting pretty smart! She has all kinds of irons in the fire now. All she has to do is start making the big bucks with all her new smarts so I can spend more time processing firewood and playing with old trucks and tractors. Bottom line, it is never too late for more education. Knowledge is the only thing that nobody can take away from you.
  6. Doing The Dixie Eyed Hustle

Loc:
    Ridge, LI, NY
    Gotta do what ya gotta do, Steve.

I've pulled myself out of the mess before............. I know how to do it, just didn't figure I'd have to do it again.

Ha........ ain't nobody ever getting into seeing the Wizard ever, not nobody, no ever, no how.