Microsoft's HOLO LENS - Holographs are here!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rideau

Minister of Fire
Jan 12, 2012
southern ontario
Microsoft announced the arrival of holographs, bringing computing into our everyday world....no screen necessary. Amazing. I really think this will change our world and the way we do things. In a positive way. I suspect we will find we can accomplish much in a fraction of the time previously needed, and in a better manner. To say nothing of the social aspects...like having a relative who lives thousands of miles away in the room with you. Heck...maybe you can bring the superbowl into your living room.....be at the game instead of watching it....

Maybe I can have a camera on my stove in the basement and a small holograph dancing on my desk in my office!

I was very interested in how they combined that with 3D printing. Star Trek is close enough that what my 5 year old is my age, it will be a world of wonders if the PTB allow it.

Imagine if everything that you could view online or on TV could be in your living room? Then add to that the best damn surround sound system you can afford? Aside from assuredly never getting remarried, it would be great to watch some old classics, like "Hunt for Red October" etc in that kind of theater. Very cool stuff.

I know money can not buy happiness and my son and I are living proof that you can have a blast while being broke....but money can buy "neato"

Youngster! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.