Mid 50 days - mid 40 nights - rain- I'm burning

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bogydave

Minister of Fire
Dec 4, 2009
So Cent ALASKA
:eek: 52° right now, heat of the day, wind & rain. Snow at 5,000 feet :eek:

Got tired of hearing the furnace go on & off. I'd rather open a window to cool down in the summer than have the furnace run during the day.
Started a fire, burning shoulder season wood form the wood shed, 1 yr old spruce.

With the rain, it's nice to be able to get dry wood on rainy days. Love the woodshed that Jake didn't see when he drove by. LOL

Gonna make my "how much do you need per year ? " calculation all out of whack.
Next time some one asks, just gonna say " LOTS" :)
Back to the woods soon. Gonna need more wood if I have to bun during the summers too.

Lower 48 had " the winter that wasn't" we are having "the summer that wasn't"

Not sure if I'd rather be melting down there or freezing up here;?

Reactions: Backwoods Savage
At this point, I'll trade you a couple of weeks. I finally turned off the a/c Sunday evening for the first time in... I don't know. I'm sure it will be back on soon. Near 90° again Thursday.

There was an interesting article about the heat in the lower and the opposite for Dave. One of the things that I thought was very interesting was that 9 of the 10 warmest years every, globally, have been since the year 2000.

Bogey, You can keep that weather for awhile I'm not in the mood for those temps yet! I am already further behind on my firewood than I would like to be and just haven't had time to cut much so if I was burning in the summer I would be in trouble. I told myself I was going to have 20 cords stacked by this spring and I only have about 15 right now. Work has been putting a huge damper on my cutting!

Status
Not open for further replies.