Mid season sweep.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hareball

Dec 11, 2009
Jersey shore/pines
Saw a special in the local paper so gave a call and the guy was able to come at 3. I've burned just over 4 cords since November and burned 24/7.
The results:

Attachments

• cr11.jpg
    cr11.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 293
You most certainly can't expect to do much better than that. Looks like you are doing a fine job.

Just cleaned mine today also.

pen

Pagey said:
Looks great for that much wood in that stove!

That's what I said!

Of course, that's not the whole story :)

He forgot to tell you that he stuffs old t-shirts soaked in kerosene up the stove pipe and lights them off once per week between cleanings :gulp:

pen

What is the chimney configuration with your stove? ie: liner, class A?

pen said:
Pagey said:
Looks great for that much wood in that stove!

That's what I said!

Of course, that's not the whole story :)

He forgot to tell you that he stuffs old t-shirts soaked in kerosene up the stove pipe and lights them off once per week between cleanings :gulp:

pen

Personally, I use Tsar Bomba between regular sweeps... :coolsmirk:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tsar_bomba

wenger7446 said:

Single wall to ceiling then class A through the attic to the cap. It's a 15' wide open system

Thanks Pen! I expected alot more due to less than seasoned wood. I've learned quite a bit here :)

hareball said:
wenger7446 said:

Single wall to ceiling then class A through the attic to the cap. It's a 15' wide open system

Thanks Pen! I expected alot more due to less than seasoned wood. I've learned quite a bit here :)

Hey pal, I'm willing to keep your banana bread recipe secret, but since this is a wood burning forum I just had to share that tip! ;-P

Isn't it nice to see evidence of doing a good job? Still got a few months to go!

pen

Ha!! Don't forget I throw some sappy pine in there too just to make sure I get it good and clean :)

I need to get some bananas soon. Been a week or so since I've done any baking. I thinks a pizza is in order!

Status
Not open for further replies.