Midwest is Best!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Czech

Minister of Fire
Jan 20, 2006
Twin Cities, MN
Sure glad I didn't pre-buy, maybe the local farmer will get cheaper as he did last year? If you can't make it out, pellets are $180 ton and corn is $160 ton at the local farmer vendor-matic. Blow and go!

Attachments

• 090902_110101.jpg
    090902_110101.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 351
  • 090902_110116.jpg
    090902_110116.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 359
GotzTheHotz said:
Sure glad I didn't pre-buy, maybe the local farmer will get cheaper as he did last year? If you can't make it out, pellets are $180 ton and corn is $160 ton at the local farmer vendor-matic. Blow and go!

Sure You have to rub it in now don't ya! %-P (jk)

You didn't mention a brand name of the pellets???

TY
jay

They are "Farmer Pellets", actually no name, the farmer guy has a mill in his barn. Gets saw dust supply from God knows where, but darn it they are clean and burn great. When you put your money in the vendor, the blowers come on, including one that sucks fines or bee's wings as you fill, nice clean bulk fuel. In to the bed of the truck, then into the the crib in the garage, 5 gallon bucket from there. Really works well, this place is about 10 minutes from where I work.

From last year, same place, just so you get a better idea of the lay out.....

Attachments

• 100_0858.jpg
    100_0858.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 277
  • 100_0857.jpg
    100_0857.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 249
Is this the farm north of Black River Falls?

Hey Sting, how the heck are ya? Nope, north of Hudson.

I'm good -- ready for the season

Looks like you are too.

:)

IS there a guy near BRF that sells pellets or is it just corn?

Jb, have no idea, I'm west of you. Sting, how's the space shuttle?

My corn and pellets for the year are reserved, or in the barn - the first 6 ton goes into the --- errr my Trellis later this month

I suspect the contraptions will come to life again some time after mid September

Status
Not open for further replies.