Might Replace Coal stove with 55-TRP10 Pellet stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RIArmySGT

Mar 9, 2013
So I am getting rid of my coal stove, it is to much with my house. I am thinking about getting the 55-TRP10 Timber Ridge Pellet stove. Is there anything I should consider? I know I have to run fresh air line. Might be a dumb question but do this stove just plug into an electrical outlet? Or they hard wired. Thank you in advance.

This is what i will be replacing.

Attachments

• 20140915_091133.jpeg
    20140915_091133.jpeg
    155.9 KB · Views: 177
Plug in. You can download manuals for most stoves. Englander has good customer support so drop a line and they should be able to answer any ?s. Good luck on the hunt for a pellet stove to fend off Old man Winter.

My other question is do i need a fresh air intake? I would look ugly in my house because where the pellet stove is going is the lower part of a raised ranch. In the picture, the where you see the wood paneling is my foundation.

My other question is do i need a fresh air intake? I would look ugly in my house because where the pellet stove is going is the lower part of a raised ranch. In the picture, the where you see the wood paneling is my foundation.
Two schools of thought ( at least !) on fresh air kit ( OAK), 1 plus 1 minus. So for and against them. You certainly can run a stove without one, then figure out if it's to your advantage to install one. Most accounts on the plus side or in favor of OAK state a less drafty house by using it. Many accounts against OAK comes from very cold climates ( -10 deg or more generally) and inhibiting fire/heat and also ice up of the tube. But running the Oak where it can get warm negates that issue. So, I ran our stove without last year, found every draft in the house ! I intend to install one this year, this month actually. However I can run mine into my chimney where it will draw warm air, so no freeze up and or flame issues. I too came from coal to pellets, more than 30 years of coal burning actually.

Last edited:
Reactions: apandori
Status
Not open for further replies.