Milled Box Elder part 1

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue Vomit

Minister of Fire
Jul 12, 2011
eastern PA
I posted some pics a while ago of a branch of box elder I cut up with some great color in it. I finally got around to taking the rest of the tree down. I took it to a shop the other day and this is what we came up with. Check it out.

Attachments

• Milled Box Elder 001.JPG
    Milled Box Elder 001.JPG
    226.5 KB · Views: 578
  • Milled Box Elder 002.JPG
    Milled Box Elder 002.JPG
    211.2 KB · Views: 546
  • Milled Box Elder 003.JPG
    Milled Box Elder 003.JPG
    204.4 KB · Views: 553
  • Milled Box Elder 004.JPG
    Milled Box Elder 004.JPG
    217.3 KB · Views: 552
  • Milled Box Elder 005.JPG
    Milled Box Elder 005.JPG
    219.7 KB · Views: 507
Just bumping this to keep it close to "Milled Box Elder part 2". I'm not sure if there is a way to link the two, maybe a mod could help with that?

Hey Jack,
Fresh cut green. The color fades when drying but the woodworker says, or hopes, a lot of it comes back after it is sanded and sealed.

thats really kool blue, our cedar has similar markings in it but usually its very knotty

My woodshop guy has me looking for valuable stuff now, cedar is also high on the list. Funny, I used to look for high btu hickory, locust, Osage, etc. Now I'm looking for box elder and cedar!

Warlock looking stuff.

Blue hasn't been around for a long while so guess we'll never hear the rest of the story...

Rorshach tests for wood burners?
I'm not even gonna say what I see...

Status
Not open for further replies.