Milled Pine from Sunday 8/7/2011

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
We ended milling some pine today, all boards ran 1.25 inches thick, just under twelve feet long with the average width about 19 inches.

Ran out of 2x2 for stickering the last three boards which will be done on Monday. If my count is correct we milled 14 boards(two days) with another two maybe three left in the tops and bottoms.

Attached are some pics.

zap

Attachments

• 100_3623.jpg
    100_3623.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 160
  • 100_3629.jpg
    100_3629.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 160
  • 100_3630.jpg
    100_3630.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 150
  • 100_3633.jpg
    100_3633.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 150
  • 100_3640.jpg
    100_3640.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 160
  • 100_3642.jpg
    100_3642.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 162
  • 100_3643.jpg
    100_3643.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 168
  • 100_3644.jpg
    100_3644.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 174
Ya' know zap, just stop it!
The drool is messin' up the front of my shirt. :lol:
I don't envy the work involved, but those sure are some nice slabs. Excellent.
How in the heii do you plan to plane and joint those? Not dissin'.....at all, just curious.

PapaDave said:
How in the heii do you plan to plane and joint those? Not dissin'.....at all, just curious.

PapaDave thanks, we have the mini mill which we plan on using to cut them down to 6 or 8 inch boards then run through the new planner that will make it underneath the Christmas Tree.

We plan on board and batten on the outside.

zap

zapny said:
PapaDave said:

PapaDave thanks, we have the mini mill which we plan on using to cut them down to 6 or 8 inch boards then run through the new planner that will make it underneath the Christmas Tree.

zap

Zap.. You are the Man!! I hope my 660 comes under the tree this year..

Another question on it. When your cutting Firewood. Do you use the 660? If so, what size Bar?

Do you have a "Day Job"? Cause if you do..... You could probably quit it and just sell firewood and slabs all day long... Always look forward to seeing a new thread by you. I know I will see pics too. I guess poeple forgot, that we need Pics.... Or it NEVER Happened.

DexterDay said:
zapny said:
PapaDave said:

zap

Zap.. You are the Man!! I hope my 660 comes under the tree this year..

Another question on it. When your cutting Firewood. Do you use the 660? If so, what size Bar?

Do you have a "Day Job"? Cause if you do..... You could probably quit it and just sell firewood and slabs all day long... Always look forward to seeing a new thread by you. I know I will see pics too. I guess poeple forgot, that we need Pics.... Or it NEVER Happened.

I used the 660 (20 inch bar) since I bought it (beginning of summer) but use the 390 on most of the wood and will get back to that once I start cutting again.

Dex, my day job is actually a small break from cutting and I hate selling wood! :coolgrin:

After milling today I actually feel great, looks like I'll have a log lift in the next two weeks which will make milling easier.

zap

Status
Not open for further replies.