Milling Done Today

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Zap That looks very nice! I would imagine it is a bit of work but worth it in the end to know you made them nice job.

Pete

Thanks Scotty Overkill, if you have some heavy equipment for lifting it makes it easier, if not I bought the middle jack (red) saves some work.
http://www.hi-lift.com/hi-lift-jacks/index.html

Pallet Pete thanks, like Sav said it's a slow process but you look at the boards (can't wait to nail them ::-)) in a different way .

Smokin, I take it you are training thjat young man. :eek:

zap

Reactions: smokinj
If I was making furniture it would be hot wax ends. One step further would be to wax the sides and 4 inchs out from all edges.
If we get this storm I'm sure we will have more firewood down along with some more wood to mill.

THERE IS A SLIGHT RISK OF SEVERE THUNDERSTORMS ACROSS THE NORTHERN
ADIRONDACKS AND ST. LAWRENCE VALLEY OF NEW YORK LATE THIS
AFTERNOON INTO EARLY THIS EVENING. SCATTERED THUNDERSTORMS ARE
EXPECTED TO DEVELOP ACROSS THE AREA LATE IN THE DAY...AND A FEW OF
THE STRONGER STORMS MAY PRODUCE WIND GUSTS APPROACHING 60 MPH. IN
ADDITION...ALL THUNDERSTORMS ARE CAPABLE OF PRODUCING DEADLY CLOUD
TO GROUND LIGHTNING. THOSE WITH OUTDOOR ACTIVITIES SHOULD MONITOR
WEATHER CONDITIONS THIS AFTERNOON AND THIS EVENING

zap

It came through here last night and winds over 40mph. Probally 1-1/2 of rain with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.