Millivolt Thermostat for Big E (2006 Model)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kwt1955

Feb 11, 2013
Looking for a 250 - 500 thermostat for an older Breckwell Big E pellet stove. Breckwells web site says "For stoves manufactured in 2008 or older you will need to have a 250 or 500-millivolt thermostat. The 750 millivolt thermostats do not work well with these stoves. There are a few on the market that will work, but you will be much better off getting a 250 or 500 millivolt thermostat for these older pellet stoves." I have seen other posts that say any millivolt thermostat should work and the truth is they absolutely do not. I use a Honeywell CT30 on a Breckwell P22 and it works fine, but the same thermostat does not work on the Big E ---- has to be 250 to 500 mv.

I read this before I asked for help. I checked each of the thermostats listed in the various responses but could not find one that specifically stated they were 250 to 500 millivolts. I know they are cheap enough, but I already paid for and returned a couple that I later found were not compatible.

My stove was made 1/2005, I use a LUX TX 500 B programmable stat, have used it for every season since I bought it in Sept 2005, works great. Did have to put a new control board last year, seems to work a little better with new board, but not so much to make much of a difference .

Thanks --- the LUX TX 500B is not listed on the LUX web site as one of their current products ... looks like all the 500 series thermostats they list are 750mv. I wrote to LUX to see if they have a 250 - 500mv thermostat. Hopefully, they will respond.

Status
Not open for further replies.