Mineral Wool / Rock Wool at Home Depot - Roxul Flexibatt

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

oconnor

Minister of Fire
Nov 20, 2005
Nova Scotia
So I was looking for an R14 batt for my basement walls 'cause the Canadian Gov't gives a big rebate if I can hit R 24 with my basement insulation (2 inch foam for R10 plus the R14 batt), and I came across Roxul R14 Batts on the Homedepot.ca site - non-combustable up to 2100F!!

I have seen so many guys on here lately looking for ways to insulate flues in attics, spaces above block off plates etc, that I had to pass it on.

There must be some way to use this to complete some of the insulation around flue projects I've read on here lately, and it seems way cheaper than the blanket insulation wrap used around liners (not suggesting to insulate liners with it, just that some folks have wanted to use liner insluation wrap for other projects, and this would seem cheaper).

Status
Not open for further replies.