Mini score could lead to more

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

adrpga498

Minister of Fire
Nov 18, 2005
New Jersey
A local fence co. posted on craiglist free firewood. 5 miles down the highway. I was able to get 30, four foot posts (oak) from an old post and rail fence. There were a lot of pressure treated 4 by 4's also available . I told him I would be back another time for the pressure treated stuff to make rails to stack firewood on. He said stop back anytime. I don't plan on burning a full load of the oak posts all together. I'm thinking about 2 regular splits with1 post oak split. Thinking the moister content of "all posts" would get too hot. Any experience or thoughts welcome. TY PS, Where has "savage " been.?

Good find! Good oak is good oak! Same with being resourceful with the pressure treated items.

In all, as oak burns, I'd be surprised if one were to have a problem with loading a stove right up with them seasoned pieces assuming they aren't extremely slim.

Are the posts also about 4x4 in size?

Savage decided to move on.

Good find! Good oak is good oak! Same with being resourceful with the pressure treated items.

In all, as oak burns, I'd be surprised if one were to have a problem with loading a stove right up with them seasoned pieces assuming they aren't extremely slim.

Are the posts also about 4x4 in size?
Posts are more like 4 by 6. very heavy ,can't wait to see long burn times with these bad boys.

Nice grab, PGA! :cool: Fear not, load 'er up with the Oak. It burns in a controlled fashion if you have good control of your air.
Glad your still around Bro
I'm guessing he'll be here until the last fire goes out. :)

Even" bad"oak is better than some other varieties.:) Willow, box elder for example.

Status
Not open for further replies.